Friday, June 22, 2012

Modern day to another world - 1

I ran down the hall as fast as I could. The swordsmen were right behind me. My chest was burning from the strain and I knew if I didn't find a place to hide soon, they would catch me. I tried to open doors as I ran past them. They were all locked. Couldn't at least one employee forget to lock their door? I ran around another corner and stopped dead in my tracks. There he was again, waiting for me with several more swordsmen. How did he know I was going to run down this hall at this time?

I turned to run the way I came but just at that moment, my legs protested and rebelled on going another step. I fell to my knees. The other five swordsmen that were chasing me came around the corner and almost crashed into me. I was panting heavily and offered no resistance as the men came closer.

"Bring her to me," The tallest man said. Two armored men grabbed my arms, lifted me and held me before the man. He was head and shoulders taller than me, handsome with thick black hair down to his shoulders, and he wore well tailored clothes. But they were ancient, except the looked new. Must've cost hm a fortune at the Medieval Faire. His eyes were dark and cold and I felt myself tense under his gaze. Damn, he looked familiar! Who is he?

The man reached out, grabbed my chin and turned my head from side to side. "Yes, she is the one. Lets go."

"Wait!" I cried out. "Where are we going?"

"Home."

"How do you know where I live?"

The tall man chuckled, "I didn't say your home." Then he turned around and began mumbling and waving his arms in the air.

The hair on my arms began to stand on end and the static electricity around me began to increase by the moment. The tall man's voice rose and suddenly there was an intense white light and I cried out in pain and averted my eyes. When I opened them again, all I could see were spots.

The men holding me propelled me forward and my next few minutes were taken up by concentrating on walking without being able to see. We walked for several steps before they stopped me. I could tell my surroundings had changed but how much was still a mystery.

I blinked several times but it wasn't helping. I jumped when someone's hand was placed over my eyes, but I waited to see what would happen. After all, I'd just been kidnapped by medieval weirdos and there was no telling what they were capable of. The strange thing is I wasn't scared. Probably just too much shock.

The hand was removed and I could see. I didn't like the view. The men released me but they still surrounded me so I couldn't run away. I found myself in a large room made of stone with large pillars and stone floor with a narrow carpet running from the large double doors at one end of the room to just before a dais directly opposite.

On the dais sat a very ornate chair and the tall man was sitting on it watching me. All the men sheathed their swords while I continued to look around, while asking, "How the hell did we get here? One minute I'm at work and you yahoos show up then I'm somehow here. And where is here, anyway?" Finally I noticed the pillars that held up the very high ceiling. They were carved into naked women. Cute but I had to admire the obvious skill of the artist. Whoever that was.

The tall man was very patient as I finished my sightseeing tour. I turned back to him, "OK. I'll bite. Who are you and where the hell am I?"

The man smiled with a mouthful of bright white teeth. "Don't I look at all familiar, my dear?" The way he said "my dear" and just his looks were driving me crazy. "You do look very familiar, but I don't know you. Who are you?"

The man chuckled, "You are Adora and I am your father."

I stared at him for several minutes before finally say, "You, sir, are a nut."

No comments:

Post a Comment